JUST GRAMMAR (CONTINUED)

 

 11   Use the correct form of the verb given in the brackets :

 (i) I ……… (study) for three hours when the lights went off.

 (ii) I shall not go to his house unless he (invite) me.

 (iii) The police (catch) the thief last night.



12   Rewrite the following sentences in indirect speech :

 (i) The stranger said to me, "Can you tell me the way to a good

hotel ?"


 (ii) He asked me, "Where is the station ?"


 (iii) He said to me, "Hard work is the key to success."



13   Fill in the blanks with appropriate articles wherever necessary :

 (i) …….… Owl cannot see during daytime.


 (ii) Ram is ………….. one eyed person.


 (iii) Everest is ………….. highest mountain peak in ………….

world.


14    Fill in the blanks with appropriate modals given in brackets :

 (i) They………….. come home late at night.

(used/used to/use to)

 (ii) ………….. I assist you ?

(Shall/Will/Would)

 (iii) It …………... be hot in the evening; who knows ?

 (would/will/may) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBSE CLASS 12 QUESTION BANK 'THE LAST LESSON' MCQs with answers

CBSE CLASS X GRAMMAR ( WITH ANSWERS)

CBSE Practice Question 12 ........Direct Indirect Speech( Dialogue with answers)