story class 10 workbook

 It is said, “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.”

Being happy does not require everything to be good but an eye to see good in everything.

One day a crow saw a swan. “This swan is so white,” he thought, “and I am so black. This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.” The swan replied, “I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around. But I think the parrot is the happiest bird as it has two colours.”

The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot said, “I have only two colours, but the peacock has multiple colours.”

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo. “Dear peacock,” the crow said, “you are so beautiful. Every day, thousands of people come to see you. You are the happiest bird on the planet.”

The peacock said, “I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But I am entrapped in this zoo. I have realised that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage, and could happily roam everywhere.” ____________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBSE CLASS 12 QUESTION BANK 'THE LAST LESSON' MCQs with answers

CBSE CLASS X GRAMMAR ( WITH ANSWERS)

CBSE Practice Question 12 ........Direct Indirect Speech( Dialogue with answers)