Dust of Snow CBSE CLASS 10 (WITH ANSWERS)

   P-1 Dust of Snow

Q1 Multiple Choice Questions based on Extract

(A) The way a crow

Shook down on me

The dust of snow

From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart

A change of mood

And saved some part

Of a day I had rued.


I Of the many symbols the hemlock tree represents, choose the one that Frost

drew upon in all likelihood, for this poem.

Symbol of

a) longevity.

b) togetherness.

c) healing.

d) protection.


ii Choose the option that lists the possible feelings of the poet prior to the

experience shared in the poem.

1) reassured

2) disappointed

3) curious

4) demotivated

5) thankful

6) disheartened

7) impulsive

a) 1, 3 &7

b) 2, 4 & 6

c) 5 & 7

d) 1 & 3


iii Identify the option that DOES NOT use the word ‘rue’ correctly.

a) The film was a disaster and he rued his decision to act in it.

b) I am sure she rued the day she listened to a fortune-teller.

c) It wasn’t long before I rued my disobedience and my deceit.

d) Others finally rue the one who is dishonest and heartless.


iv Synecdoche is a poetic device that uses a part to represent the whole. E.g.

That’s a great set of wheels! (Set of wheels has been used for car.)

Pick an example of synecdoche from the poem.


a) Has given my heart / A change of mood

b) The way a crow/ Shook down on me

c) The dust of snow / From a hemlock tree

d) And saved some part / Of a day I had rued


v Choose the option showing the reason NOT corresponding with “… a crow /

Shook down on me / The dust of snow”.

a) The crow’s landing on the branch of the tree.

b) The shivering of the crow, due to the cold.

c) The readjustment of position of the crow on the branch.

d) The cawing of the crow hidden in the foliage.

ANSWERS
Dust of Snow
Q3 (A)
i) c
ii) b
iii) d
iv) a
v) d

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBSE CLASS 12 QUESTION BANK 'THE LAST LESSON' MCQs with answers

CBSE CLASS X GRAMMAR ( WITH ANSWERS)

CBSE Practice Question 12 ........Direct Indirect Speech( Dialogue with answers)