GRAMMAR EXERCISE WITH ANSWERS

 Q.19 Read the following dialogue between Kashika and Sam. The underlined parts of this dialogue may

or may not have an error. Choose the option that best replaces the underlined part(s). You may choose 'no error' if no change is required in the underlined parts.

Kashika: Sam, will we take a look at the rules of the poetry competition conveyed by Ms Natasha last

Tuesday? We have very little time to prepare.

Sam: You're right! I completely forgot about it. We should not delay it any longer.

A. no error; shall not

B. shall we; no error

C. may we; may not

D. can we; could not

Q.20 Choose the option that completes the paragraph above correctly.

My work requires me to spread awareness about the kinds of bullying prevalent in a student's life. Did

you know that one out of __________ five students is bullied by another youth? __________ students are scared of opening up to others about instances of bullying __________ may be happening to or around them.

A. each; Few; that

B. every; Many; that

C. every; Few; those

D. each; Many; those

Q.21 In which of these does the underlined phrase indicate that the subject has completed the action in the very recent past?

A. Kelly and I would study together each evening.

B. Sarah has been playing in the rain since 2 o'clock.

C. Jack has informed her that he would not be available.

D. The plane had left by the time Mandy reached the airport.

Q.22 Gina was asked to convert sentence A to reported speech. Given below are three options that she came up with.

Sentence A: Larissa said, "Why don't you join me for dinner tonight?"

I. Larissa suggested I join her for dinner that night.

II. Larissa asked me to join her for dinner that night.

III. Larissa insisted that I should join her for dinner that night.

Which of the following statements about her options is TRUE?

A. Only I is correct.

B. Only III is correct.

C. Only II and III are correct.

D. All I, II and III are correct.

Q.23 Given below is a statement made by politician Jason Bailey:

 "I don't believe in giving second chances to these so-called allies who went behind my back."

Imagine you are a newspaper reporter. While reporting this statement, you will NOT __________.

A. change 'my' to 'his'

B. change 'went' to 'gone'

C. change 'don't' to 'didn't'

D. change 'these' to 'those'

Q.24 Choose the option that completes the sentence below correctly.

She had already begun eating her dinner by the time I __________ there.

A. reached

B. had reached

C. was reaching

D. had been reaching



19 B  20 B  21 C 22 A  23 B  24 A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBSE CLASS 12 QUESTION BANK 'THE LAST LESSON' MCQs with answers

CBSE CLASS X GRAMMAR ( WITH ANSWERS)

CBSE Practice Question 12 ........Direct Indirect Speech( Dialogue with answers)