Grammar Exercises

 

 Rewrite the following sentences after making necessary corrections. Do not make unnecessary changes in the original sentence : 1x10=10 

(i) My sister prefers dogs than cats. 
(ii) I don't approve to your smoking in public. 
(iii) One of my student has got the prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship this year. 
(iv) The fresher the fruit, the best it tastes. 
(v) He questioned my motif behind meeting the director. 
(vi) The director went and bidded goodbye to the composer. 
(vii) His acceptance of your fancy story indicates his credible nature. 
(viii) Are you invited for the office party? 
(ix) When I will reach home, I will let you know the details of the event. 
(x) The University comprises of several Departments. 

4.(b) Supply the missing words : 1x5=5 

(i) The homestay provides its guests____________all the facilities. 
(ii) At last, I got rid____________my old scooter. 
(iii) All my expenses were paid____________by the office. 
(iv) A waiter is a person who waits ____________customers at a restaurant. 
(v) The company entered____________an agreement with the supplier. 

(c) Use the correct forms of the verbs given in brackets : 1x5=5

(i) My goodness, someone____________ away my phone and left his in its place by mistake. (Take) 
(ii) If you ____________in time, I'll leave without you. (Reach) 
(iii) I____________the rules of grammar these days. (Learn) 
(iv) I used to have a pair of binoculars, but I____________it yesterday because I needed money. (Pawn) 
(v) The decision____________before I joined the meeting. (Make) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CBSE CLASS 12 QUESTION BANK 'THE LAST LESSON' MCQs with answers

CBSE CLASS X GRAMMAR ( WITH ANSWERS)

CBSE Practice Question 12 ........Direct Indirect Speech( Dialogue with answers)